Saturday, August 15, 2009

A surprise of sorts..

Probably not a frequent activity amongst home educators, but those of us with schoolkids have to be on the lookout for slips of paper sent home from teachers. Well, I have been relying maybe too heavily on them being delivered into my hands, and so yesterday I needed to use one of the kids' rucksack and what did I find? The school note informing us that school starts the day after tommorrow!! Normally their school goes back a week after the mainstream in the early 20s of August but not this year apparently. This summer holidays has been characterised by the first half trying to get the car sorted and therefore doing things close to home. In between has been hub going off here and there in Europe with plane related things, swimming school, and a final flurry to use to do those activities for which I had free entrance tickets etc. I still have 2 activities planned but they will now have to be postponed to a weekend I suppose, alhamdilillah, But I am hoping that I can go somewhere more than half and hours drive away from home before Winter hits, just to check out the rest of the world is still there...



So here are some close-to-home snippets:







M conquering the climbing wall




Biryani playing with the neighbour's grandchildren's bubbles (always a hit with 3 year olds!)


Hz's favourite area of our park to wander about without being told 'Nooo!' and a big flagpole to try to shake down....




An egg H found (isn't it the wrong time of year, it was too small and round for a chicken's egg).


and the hunters stalk their prey...





The prey











1 comment:

ummrashid said...

Well done for getting so close for the butterfly photo. Mine were all too far away.