Saturday, October 20, 2007

Virus got the better of me, so it was take them away, take them to ... TOYS R US

Alhamdulillah, the cold I thought I was warding off has developed into a full-blown thingy and so I shall not be up to writing anything too coherent, but instead shall probably inshaAllah peruse a few blogs instead. Needles to say little home ed going on, maybe except learning how to deal with grumpy head-biting-off mummys (nice squeezy hugs, just the ticket) .

DH took them to all out to tennis lesson and TOYs r US to spend pocket money. I should have been resting but took the opportunity to start transferring files to my new filing cabinet,(yawn, but has to be done without little hands meddling).

Biryani is now adept at opening doors, drawers what have u so I'm going to have to rearrange things a bit until she understands( and obeys!) the word 'no'

Felt tip pens emptied out of pencil case- 3 times,
Scrabble emptied 2 times,
Meccano 3 times.

You'd have thought I'd have learned by now, being on child no 4.

Oh I thought I'd already written this in another post , but the playgroup I've been taking H and Biryani to has now come to an end, as a Muslim sister has started being a 'dagmama', childminder, so the other children are going there, and many of the other children who used to come hadn't for ages (Mums too busy?). I was considering changing H to this sister but he's just started talking at nursery and I talked to him twice about it and he adamantly wants to stay where he is. Biryani is too young I think although she'd probably like it for a few hours a week. V tempting as its right near the boys' school, but I don't like not being able to explain to her that I'll be coming back etc, so don't think I'd consider it until she's got a certain comprehension level. The stage she's at with mess creation I have had to make sure my selfish needs are not the priority.
Anyhow resulting from the ending of the group we shared out the equipment, so I now have a proper toy shelf (finally) and lots of poster paints, craft stuff and some wooden toys, all for free, alhamdulillah

1 comment:

ummrashid said...

Things come and go, its all a patchwork of learning experiences really. InshAllah you'll soon be better.