Friday, February 09, 2007

Some bits we've been doing

M had another day at home on Wed as it’s a long school day and Quran class has been moved to Wed. Realised he only knows months of year properly in Swedish, so did a little bit about that. Played top trumps Dr Who cards. We haven’t actually seen the recent series as we can’t get BBC here, and I think the writers were on some form of hallucinogenic maybe, the characters are weird, but the good ol’ darleks are also in there. I was terrified of them as a child EXTERMINATE. Anyway the game did give a chance to recognise initial letters, and 2 and 3 digit numbers. Just had a slight panic as I heard the sound of a marble rolling on the floor and then Hafsah had something in her mouth, she wouldn’t let me look inside. Alhamdulillah it was just a bit of apple skin she was chewing on but the other day it was the other way round when I thought she was chewing some food, but a while later spat out a magnet- aah that could’ve been dangerous. A boy in Sweden had to be operated on from swallowing magnets which nearly perforated his bowel...
They’ve been playing camping out on the balcony in the freezing weather, using hot water bottles. One is a proper one and the others improvised from plastic bottles filled with hot tap water. Could’ve made it a bit scientific with insulation and radiation discussions, but I’m afraid Hafsah had to have her supper and ours had to be cooked right then. Normally schools don’t have lessons at 6 pm either!
MashAllah the journey to school (and back this week as I’ve had the use of the car) has helped a lot with their surahs. They have no choice but to listen to the CD’s and they do actually ask to listen to the ones they’re learning at school/ Quran class. So now I’ve got to get my act together as the boys are not long off being a head of me on the memorisation front.

No comments: